And how am I supposed to do that? How am I supposed to let go of my “kingdom”? I want my stuff! Really, the only way I am ever going to actually think about giving away my kingdom is if I’ve already got another kingdom! A better kingdom:
“Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” Luke 12:32
As I come to understand that my Father has already given me THE kingdom, I can let go of MY kingdom. I can live a kingdom lifestyle. I can resource my stuff for kingdom purposes.
I can live in the “Kingdom Gap”
Living in the Kingdom Gap means:
- Increasing the Gap between the level you could live and the level you do live.
- Decreasing the Gap between what you want and what you already have.
So rather than buying that new set of golf clubs:
- Save up the money for them.
- Give that money to a “kingdom cause”.
- Play with your old set
- And joyfully call them “My Kingdom Clubs”!
And rather than grumble about what you have, or lust for the next best thing, take joy in what you have and what you are doing to advance Christ’s kingdom! Take joy in your “kingdom stuff”!
The well wisher of your soul’s happiness,