- Personal Spiritual Renewal
- Pastoral Ministry Renewal
- Family/Relationship Building
1. Personal Spiritual Renewal:
- A week of solitude and prayer at Mepkin Abbey
- Personal soul-feeding through worshiping at other churches
- Reading books for personal renewal (Eugene Peterson's "The Contemplative Pastor" being one)
- Beginning the Doctor of Ministry program at Reformed Theological Seminary with the class "Church Growth and Renewal"
- Reading 2000+ pages in preparation for the class.
- Becoming certified in the "Prepare and Enrich" marital strengthening program.
- Jonathan and I got our open water scuba certification.
- Nancy and I had a weekend away at Sanibel Island.
- Our family spent four days in South Carolina with friends for the 4th of July.
- A vacation with my extended family in NE GA (Flowery Branch, to be specific).
My next move is to collate all my impressions, thoughts, and ideas into a coherent plan for ministry, family, and me! Because I have found journaling to be a helpful way to crystallize my thoughts I will be blogging under the heading "Missional Monasticism". I'll be forwarding the web address as soon as it is up and running.
In the meantime check back in a few days, I've got a couple items on which I could use some feedback. Thanks for tracking with me!