Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Appreciated!

First, let me thank everyone for the encouraging cards and notes Nancy and I received last week. It was a joy sitting at the kitchen counter reading through them. And the gifts were well appreciated, especially the overly generous Wal-mart gift card! (We tried it out – it works!).

I have never failed to feel appreciated by our church. I really do count it a privilege to share God’s Word with people who are so hungry and receptive. And I am always glad to commend our church to others knowing that they will encounter warm and genuine people there.

Paul referred to the believers in Philippi as “my joy” (Phil 4:1). I hope you all do know that you are my joy as well! I love walking with Christ with you and my hope is that God would take us to new places of growth as we seek His glory in all things.

My we see the kingdom advance in our community as it advances in our hearts. May we take the words and the works of the Kingdom to the streets and neighborhoods of West Orange County. May we see the mission of Jesus advanced especially in our hearts!

Thank you for the honor of following Jesus with you.

The well wisher of your soul’s happiness,

Pastor Tom

No comments: